About MV AmaniMV Amani since her launch in 2012 operates in Kampala, from Portbell. Port Bell is a small industrial centre in the greater metropolitan Kampala area, in Uganda. Port Bell has a rail link and a railroad ferry wharf used for International traffic across Lake Victoria to Tanzania and Kenya. MV Amani has brought a passenger presence to the port which had for ages settled down to handling of only freight.
1. Floating Cruise -(Minimum 3 hours)Here you keep on the ferry. Enjoy your drinks, food and music entirely on board from pickup to drop-off.
2. Destination cruiseThis is ideal for groups desiring to spend more time out. We transfer you to a close destination of your choice, drop you off and get you back on the ferry when you are ready to return later in the day. Destinations include:
3. Full day useIdeal and applicable for long trips like to Kalangala, Jinja.
Extra’s: Meals and beverages are tailored to our customer needs. Music and entertainment is also tailored per customer requests.
MV Amani - a Catamaran Passenger Vessel.
- Length overall: 64’-8” (19.7m);
- Power: 2 CAT 3406B (500 BHP)
- Beam: 36’-2” (11m);
- Max Speed: 20 kts (at full load)
- Draft: 3’-5” (1.05m);
- Cruise Speed: 18 kts (at full load)
- Displacement: 70,000 lb (31751 kg);
- Range: 20 hrs at cruise
- Fuel Capacity: 1000 gal;
- Passenger Capacity: 130
- Water Capacity: Unlimited, renewable
- Crew: 10 crew
- 6Black Water Capacity
- 400 gal Design Standards: IMO 2008 & USCG 46t
- Life rafts
- Life Jackets (150) and Kids (25)
- Permanent Firefighting water line
- Portable Fire extinquishers
- Pyrotechnics: Flares (Hand held and Parachute), EPIRB
- Lifebouys (2)
- Bulwarks / Guard rails complete
- Ramps for boarding
- Seats for 1st and 2nd Class complete
- Sun glare blinds to protect bridge instruments
- Safety posters
- Search lights (Fixed and portable ones)
- Navigational Charts for Lake victoria
- Manning list / Crew List (Interviewed Under verification by Ministry of Works Uganda)
- Wash rooms (3)
On board MV Amani is modern state of the art Safety equipment; Radar, Echo Sounder and computerized satellite system that communicates between the ferry and the office and controls weight loading and chatted routes.
MV Amani Booking Calendar for 2018
NB: To Book a date online, Click on the date you want to book from the calendar below, then fill the form below the calendar with your details so that we can easily get back to you for your booking confirmation.
Only 3 months are displayed, to display other months click on the double arrows (>>) on the top right of the calendar. Thank You For visiting Earthwise Ferries!.